Download a data sheet
Each Stericup contains:
- One sterile cooker:
- Maximum capacity of 2.5 ml, allows to heat solutions up to 1.5 ml easily
- Greater stability ensured by a plain surface
- Aluminum alloy which safety has been proven
- Due to the material used and its relatively low thickness, the Stericup becomes flimsy after a first use. This may prevent reuse
- One heat resistant plastic handle that prevents burns to fingers
- One sterile cotton filter:
- Due to its small size compared to cigarette filters and certain other makeshift filters, it retains less active drug
- Its high density ensures an improved filtration efficacy
- Encourages the single use of sterile filters
- One dry post-injection swab:
- Used to compress the vein after injection, ensures better healing and preserves the venous capital
- Absorbs blood and reduces handborne viral transmission
The Stericup has been developed in France since 1996 with the involvement of needle exchange programs. Its safety and efficacy have been validated through laboratory testing using brown and white heroin, cocaine hydrochloride, crack cocaine, amphetamines, and crushed tablets.
With the support of Public Health authorities, the Stericup is available in pharmacies and harm reduction programs in many countries throughout the world.
Stericup® is a CE registered medical device.