Instructions for use
This powder should be added to the solution in a step-wise fashion until the drug is dissolved.
Inject slowly to minimise vein damage
- Sterile ascorbic acid reduces the risk of contamination by germs, but does not eliminate them. Avoid contact between injection equipment and the mouth
- The use of acids of any kind can cause vein damage. To reduce this risk, use the smallest possible quantity. A "pinch” is usually enough to dissolve heroin or crack cocaine
- Like all harm reduction tools these sachets are for single use only. The remainder should be discarded
- Inject slowly to minimise irritation of the injection site
- If you feel pain or a burning sensation at the injection site, stop injecting. Reduce the quantity of acid in the future and ask advice from a counsellor, a needle exchange program or your general practitioner