This syringe filter, also
known under the name «wheel filter» is a single use sterile filter
which allows the elimination of almost all the impurities as well as almost all
the micro-organisms (bacteria, fungi) of a solution before its injection. Caution:
this filter does not eliminate viruses.
Objectives and properties:
This filter is equipped
with a polyethersulfone membrane with 0.2 microns pores.
It is only compatible with
Luer syringes with detachable needles (1ml, 2ml, 5ml, …)
Since the use of syringes with detachable needles is associated with an
increased risk of HIV contamination, if you generally use a insuline syringe we
advise not to change. In that case, it is preferable to use the Sterifilt. The Sterifilt
has 10 microns pores and it eliminates almost all the impurities, though it
Its main objectives are:
- Reducing the risks linked to the injection of insoluble particles such as abscesses, phlebitis, dirty hit, edema and pulmonary complications.
- This filter eliminates almost all the particles larger than 10 microns
- Reducing the risks linked to the injection of micro-organisms contained in the solution (abscesses, endocarditis, septicemia)
- This filter eliminates almost all the bacteria and fungi contained in the solution
- Encourage the adoption of an aseptic method of preparation
This syringe filter was created for laboratory